In contrast with voice recognition software, which are usually integrated into other software for the purpose of recognizing human voice and sometimes words, transcription software provides an advanced, standalone platform for the purpose of transcribing speech at a large scale, also known as speech to text (STT).
These solutions, like VoiceBase, allow users to send or upload audio files to the platform or set up a constant flow for automatic processing. The typical use cases for this type of software solution is within the contact center or call center space. Contact centers have large amounts of audio data from their customer calls and conversations that take a lot of effort to manually transcribe and score. However, with speech to text software, every call can be transcribed, analyzed, and aggregated with other custom data points relevant to operations.
With STT software, brands can:
- Analyze the TRUE “Voice of the Customer”
- Discover ideal scripts and terminology
- Monitor agent performance
- Get alerted to anomalies or growing trends
How Does STT Work?
- Audio or Call files are sent to the platform
- NLP and Machine Learning Technology extract and transcribe text
- Resulting transcript text file and additional paralinguistic data are returned to the custome